FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Frequently asked questions
What is the United Methodist Insurance Program (UMIP)?
UMIP was started by the General Council on Finance and Administration (GCFA) with the mission of offering insurance for United Methodist Churches, agencies, and related institutions nationwide. UMIP provides robust property and casualty coverage solutions as well as travel insurance for individuals and trip protection for mission groups, United Methodist Meetings, and other travel.
What makes UMIP different?
What are the minimum insurance requirements for United Methodist churches?
What features and benefits does UMIP offer?
UMIP strives to exceed expectations for every customer. As the only coverage provider with direct ties to the church community, it offers many available benefits, including:
- Extensive property and casualty coverage that meets or exceeds the minimum standards set forth by the General Council on Finance and Administration
- Fast, fair claims handling
- Risk management resources
- Outstanding customer service
- Competitive pricing
- Access to top-tier carriers with experience in the religious sector
How can I request a property and casualty quote from UMIP?
I am a current UMI customer and have a claim or need service. Who do I contact?
We are here to help. Claims contact information and customer service information can be found on our claims page.